Why You Need A Password Manager: A Closer Look at Keeper
As the digital landscape continues to evolve and expand, the importance of online security has never been more apparent. A key element of this security is the management of passwords. With the increasing complexity and volume of passwords required in today’s digital environment, a password manager is essential for maintaining a secure digital presence. One such password manager that stands out for its robust features and stringent security measures is Keeper.
The Importance of a Password Manager
A password manager is a digital tool that stores and manages all your passwords securely. It allows you to use complex and unique passwords for each of your accounts without the need to remember them all. This is a crucial advantage, as using the same password for multiple accounts is a significant security risk.
But a password manager offers more than just a place to store your passwords. It also generates strong, random passwords, thereby fortifying your online security. Moreover, it enables secure sharing of passwords among users and teams while maintaining control over who can add, remove, modify, or share records.
Keeper is a password management and cybersecurity platform that offers a suite of features designed to protect, manage, and share your organization’s passwords, metadata, and files. Here’s a look at some of the outstanding features offered by Keeper:
- Enterprise Password Management: Keeper protects and manages your organization’s passwords, metadata, and files, providing a secure and centralized repository for all your critical data.
- Visibility, Security, and Control: Keeper gives administrators the power to fine-tune their organization’s access levels to critical data and credentials. It uses role-based access control (RBAC) to support least-privileged access and tracks all user activity from every location and on every device.
- Secrets Management: Keeper Secrets Manager (KSM) utilizes zero-trust and zero-knowledge security to protect your organization’s infrastructure. It automates the rotation of access keys, passwords, and certificates, effectively eliminating secrets sprawl.
- Industry Compliance and Reporting: Keeper offers full visibility and control over employee password strength, credential sharing, permissions, and dark web exposure. Its cybersecurity platform enables delegated administration, enforcement policies, event tracking, customizable audit logs, reporting, and integration with existing IAM and SIEM solutions.
Keeper is FedRAMP Authorized
A standout feature of Keeper is that it’s FedRAMP Authorized. The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) promotes secure cloud solutions for all federal agencies, providing a secure method for cloud adoption to government organizations.
Keeper Security Government Cloud (KSGC) maintains the Keeper Security Zero-Trust Security Framework alongside a Zero-Knowledge Security Architecture. This means users have complete knowledge, management, and control over credentials and encryption keys.
This authorization provides several added benefits:
- AWS GovCloud Hosting: KSGC is hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud, which meets government compliance and security requirements. The AWS GovCloud environment is designed to host sensitive data and regulated workloads while complying with strict US government security & compliance requirements.
- Secure Provisioning: KSGC securely provisions your environment utilizing your organization’s directory and is compatible with any SAML 2.0 compatible identity provider such as Azure Government Cloud, Okta, Duo, Ping.
- Compliance and Security: KSGC meets security compliance requirements such as FIPS 140-2 and FedRAMP and generates detailed, user-level reportsthat show privileged access and permissions to critical systems, credentials, and secrets.
- BreachWatch: KSGC’s BreachWatch feature monitors the dark web for breached passwords and alerts you of compromised passwords used within your organization by employees or contractors. This ensures a constant view of breached password status across your organization.
- Secure Collaboration: Keeper enables secure sharing of records, allowing leaders to extend and revoke access to records and passwords with the option to mask credentials. This eliminates silos and security risks when collaborating.
In conclusion, in today’s increasingly digital world, the importance of robust password management cannot be overstated. Tools like Keeper not only streamline the management of passwords but also enhance the overall cybersecurity posture of organizations. As a FedRAMP authorized solution, Keeper offers an extra layer of security assurance, making it an excellent choice for organizations that prioritize high-level security in their digital operations.
If you’re already a SIRKit client and this has piqued your interest, we invite you to reach out to your vCIO for more information. They can provide further insights into how implementing Keeper can enhance your organization’s cybersecurity posture. If you’re not yet a client but are keen to learn more about Keeper or any of our other managed services, we’d love to connect with you. Please visit our contact page to get in touch, and we’ll be more than happy to help guide you towards a more secure digital future.