Personal information means information about an identifiable individual (collectively, “personal information”). Personal information does not include information that cannot be attributed to an identifiable individual, such as information of an aggregate or anonymous nature (collectively, “non-personal information”).
We may rely on your implied consent in certain circumstances, after taking into account factors such as the sensitivity of the personal information and your reasonable expectations. We will only use your personal information to provide you with our Services and in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We will limit the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information to only that which is necessary for the purposes identified, unless you have otherwise consented, or when such collection, use, and/or disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Unless required by applicable law, you can always refuse to provide your personal information, except that refusal may prevent you from using our Services or receiving responses to your inquiries or other information of interest.
3. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect various types of personal information from you, depending upon how you interact with us or use or interact with our Services. This personal information may include your:
- Contact/Location Information. Name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Demographic Information. Employment details and date of birth.
- Financial Information. Credit card and billing information.
- Device Information. IP address, operating system and platform, device type and device identifiers.
- Technical Information. Geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, referring URL, advertising data and standard web log information.
- Automated Technologies or Interactions: Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We need to collect personal information from you in order to provide you with our Services, as well as to improve your experience using our Services. You may provide us with personal information by paper, verbally or electronically, including, for example when you:
- use our Services;
- attend any events with us;
- correspond with us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- sign up to receive our newsletter or promotional information;
- submit support tickets;
- participate in surveys and/or customer research;
- ask for customer service, support or other assistance;
- interact with us on social media platforms, including LinkedIn; or
- interact with us in any other way, online or offline, including through our Services.
With your permission, we may also collect personal information from other sources (such as from third party service providers), to, among other things, enable us to complete, verify, or update personal information contained in our records and to better customize the Services we provide. These third-parties may have relevant information to support our business needs.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
When you download, access, and use our Services, we may automatically collect certain information about your browsing actions and patterns including:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Website also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, flash cookies, web beacons, and/or similar log files. These are small files stored on your computer browser or device when you visit certain online pages, images on web pages that track user activity on the Website, or similar.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service in order to improve your online experience, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). You can set your browser or device to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Setting your browser or device to decline cookies will prevent cookies from tracking your activity. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser or device to decline these technologies, some of our Services may not function properly. Our Services do not currently change the way they operate upon detection of a “do not track” or similar signal.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use personal information to:
- present our Website and its contents to you;
- provide you with information or other services that you request from us;
- provide you with notices about your account;
- process your orders;
- fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
- understand your needs and the suitability of our Services;
- provide you with remote support, maintenance, or monitoring services on your computer, server, mobile phone and other devices;
- evaluate and enhance our Website performance, user experience and functionality;
- administer our relationship with you, including responding to your communications, investigate complaints and creating and managing your account;
- inquire about our Services and the services of any of our affiliates for the purpose of targeted marketing activities, updates, and promotional offers based on your messages and preferences (where applicable);
- personalize, measure and improve our Services, content, marketing and advertisements;
- conduct surveys and research to better understand the preferences of our customers like you;
- provide you with, and improve, relevant marketing offers or information from us or third parties;
- notify you about changes to our Website or any Services we offer or provide;
- develop new services;
- maintain and improve our Website, Services, marketing or customer relationships and experiences;
- improve internal business processes;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- measure engagement and performance (such as our customer care interactions with you);
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- enforce our Website terms and conditions of use or any other terms and conditions applicable to Services used by you;
- respond to legally binding demands from law enforcement, regulatory authorities or other third parties;
- defend, protect or enforce our rights or any terms and conditions;
- prevent fraud or the recurrence of fraud;
- assist in the event of an emergency; and
- comply with applicable law.
6. HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information:
- to our affiliates or other related companies;
- to our employees and any third-party service providers to help us with the uses described in the How We Use Information section above, including subcontractors, vendors, marketing agencies and technical support;
- to comply with your directions or any additional consent you have provided us;
- to other parties where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any applicable legal obligation including a regulatory process, or an order of a government institution, investigative body, regulatory body or judicial authority of competent jurisdiction;
We may disclose your personal information to third-parties who assist us with the following:
- document destruction;
- events management; and
- technical support.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your consent. We only disclose non-personal information to third parties as reasonably necessary to meet our business needs.
7. TRANSFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION
8. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction. For example, our office locations ensure round-the-clock security with surveillance, monitored alarm, and key fob access. Data in transit, and at rest, is protected with modern encryption standards. Additionally, we follow many cyber security best practices to reinforce our comprehensive safeguarding of the personal information you provide to us.
We will only retain your personal information for the period of time reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We may retain non-personal information for as long as we have a business need to do so.
Our Services may utilize third party systems, programs, websites, solutions, and/or applications.
All of our service providers and contractors are contractually obligated to employ appropriate data security measures with respect to your personal information and to collect/use/disclose/retain it only within the scope required for the provision of our Services. However, we are not responsible for the actions and privacy policies of these third parties and their systems, programs, websites, solutions and/or applications.
We try our best to safeguard personal information once we receive it, but please understand that no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you suspect an unauthorized use or security breach of your personal information, please contact us as soon as possible.
9. YOUR CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with our Services.
Access to your personal information
On your reasonable written request, we will provide you, not later than thirty (30) days from our receipt of your request, or such additional time as required by law, with access to or information about your personal information (if any) under our custody or control, and the names of persons to whom, and any circumstances in which, your personal information has been and is being disclosed by us. You must provide sufficient information in your request to allow us to verify your identity and identify the information you are seeking.
If you request a copy of your personal information and the personal information can reasonably be reproduced, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information, or, if applicable, we will give you reasons for any delay in providing a copy of the requested personal information. All requests may be subject to minimal costs, in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
We reserve all rights not to disclose personal information, in whole or in part, in certain circumstances permitted or required by law, including but not limited to where:
- the personal information is protected by any legal privilege;
- the disclosure of the personal information would reveal confidential commercial information;
- the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual;
- the personal information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process; or
- the personal information was collected by us without your knowledge and consent for reasonable purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or any province in Canada.
If access to your personal information is refused, in whole or in part, we will provide you with the reasons for the refusal and the provision of applicable privacy legislation on which the refusal is based. You may contact us if you have any questions about the refusal, and we will inform you that you may ask for a review of the refusal in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
To submit a request to access your personal information or designate an authorized agent to make a request to access your personal information, please contact us. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose your personal information to you.
Updating your Information
The accuracy of the personal information we have about you is very important. To submit a request that we update your personal information, please contact us,
On your request, we will make every reasonable effort to correct outdated personal information, or errors or omissions in your personal information where that personal information is in our custody or control. Such request must be in writing, signed by you, and include sufficient detail to enable us to identify any personal information in our custody or control in relation to the request.
We will, as soon as reasonably practical and not later than thirty (30) days from our receipt of your request, or within such additional time as permitted or required by law, either correct the personal information and, if applicable and reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any third party to whom we disclosed the incorrect personal information, or decide not to correct the personal information, but we will annotate the personal information under our control to indicate that a correction was requested but not made.
We will inform you of the action that we have taken in response to your request for correction. You may contact us if you have any questions about your request for correction, and you may ask for a review of the action taken in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
Withdrawing your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with our Services. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you make your decision.
Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Services. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt-out of marketing emails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our emails and adjusting your email preferences. Please note that certain emails may be necessary for the operation of our Services. You will continue to receive these emails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
10. CONTACT US
If you have questions, concerns, or would like to update/change your personal information, you can contact us in the following ways:
Unit 217, 236 91 Street SW
Edmonton AB, T6X 1W8
Attention: Privacy Officer
Effective upon: August 15th, 2023 (Last updated: July 15th, 2023)