It’s pleasing for us to say that in one part of our practice, SIRKit is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) for non-profits, including government bodies and charitable organizations. Securing managed IT services has become extremely important for non-profits in Canada, as they blend more digital technologies into their daily operations. Given that not all MSPs are created equal, choosing the right one is critical to operations. Here’s why SIRKit is uniquely suited to provide the support as an IT partner to non-profits.
1. IT Budget Efficiencies
Budget management is just as important to a non-profit as it is to any enterprise, if not more. Taxpayers, donors and stakeholders want to know where their funds are going, and want assurances that the funds are being used efficiently. With careful management of IT expenses (staffing, software, and hardware) groups can avoid seeing large portions of your budget being eaten up. Under SIRKit’s managed IT plans you will find annual budgeting and IT assessment, which provides a yearly review that includes hundreds of checks, fiscal recommendations, and 12-month ever-greening schedule.
Realize better IT spending by referencing pricing calculators for the following services:
2. Cybercriminals Are Targeting Non-Profits
Non-profits are highly susceptible to cybercrime. Government organizations for example, are targeted for both financial and sociopolitical motivations, but no sector is off-limits. Recently it was reported that a phishing scheme duped a small public school district for $2.3 million USD. In January, an Australia bushfire donation website was compromised so that hackers could steal the payment information of donors. Cybercriminals expect non-profits to have more IT vulnerabilities than a typical for-profit enterprise given the investment required to secure systems. Don’t prove them correct. As a part of our managed IT plans your organization may benefit from the following:
- 24/7 monitoring
- On-going updates and patching to software and equipment that provide the highest levels of security and stability
- Ransomware and AV protection
- Aggressive threat mitigation services
- Technical procedures and on-going information that your team can use to remain aware of current and potential risks
Non-profit organizations are held to a higher standard by regulatory bodies not just regarding income reporting, but adherence to data security. Be sure to work with an MSP that provides assistance for the latter.
3. SIRKit PODS – Managed IT Services Done Better
The most common frustrations your organization may have with current or past IT support boils down to the following:
- Tech support not instantly knowing who you are or what your needs are
- High turnover in the tech support team (which compounds the frustration above)
- Use of unnecessary jargon
- No perceived value
These annoyances lead to an ultimate loss of confidence. This is where SIRKit PODS steps in. With PODS, you gain the following:
- Dedicated support team you can contact directly
- Support team specializing in non-profit organizations (more on this below)
- Around the clock availability
- High-retention support team w/redundancy to negate rare instances of staff turnover
4. Experience in the Non-Profit Sector
You want to work with an MSP who understands the unique IT challenges and opportunities of a non-profit. SIRKit has direct experience in providing managed IT services to non-profit organizations. One such example is Goodwill Industries of Alberta, a non-profit social enterprise known for strengthening communities and making a positive impact in the lives of individuals with disabilities.
Better IT infrastructure is critical to tying the organization’s donor-driven charitable society together with their commercial operations along with employment programs. SIRKit has also partnered with Habitat for Humanity for hands-on assistance in their Kelowna ReStore program.
SIRKit delivers incredible and cost-efficient IT services. Contact us today to discuss what we can do for you.